Range Resources Publishes Updated Corporate Sustainability Report
This report covers a broad set of focus areas, with an emphasis on material subjects for the business and key stakeholders. With this report, we hope to enhance Range’s track record of proactive, transparent communications and industry-leading initiatives.
“Now more than ever, natural gas is powering our lives and providing our world with clean and reliable energy, as well as feedstock for a vast number of daily products,” said
Emissions Reduction Goals and Performance
Range continues to advance toward our short-term, medium-term, and long-term objectives specifically related to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, keeping us on track to achieve our strategic goal of net zero GHG emissions by 2025, which has been expanded to include Scope 1 and Scope 2. We view scope 2 emissions as part of our GHG inventory and believe this added commitment strengthens our sustainability goals.
Corporate Sustainability Report Highlights
Created ESG & Safety Committee, formalizing existing board oversight of ESG
- Proactive ongoing outreach to shareholders soliciting feedback on ESG efforts
- 50 percent of Independent Directors are Ethnic/Gender Diverse
- Range employees completed 1,800 hours of safety-related training
- 0.30 Days Away, Restricted or Transferred (DART)
- Expanded our 2025 net zero emissions goal to include Scope 2 GHG emissions
- Achieved a 69 percent reduction in GHG emissions intensity and 86 percent reduction in methane emissions intensity compared to our 2017 baseline
- Decreased reported equipment leak emissions by more than 66 percent as a result of increased frequency of LDAR surveys from semi-annual to quarterly (vs. 2019).
- Recycled 148 percent of produced water and flowback volume through water sharing program
- Expanded Emissions Measurement by entering into a pilot program with Project Canary, utilizing continuous monitoring technology
$240 millionimpact fees paid to Pennsylvaniasince 2011 to support construction of new schools, roads, parks, etc. $2.9 Billionin royalties paid to landowners since 2006.
- Direct annual investments in our communities, including over
$100,000in Range’s Community COVID-19 Stimulus Package
Formed Multi-Ethnic Employee Resource Group(MERG) and Range Energy Network of Women (RENEW) employee resource groups for multi-ethnic employees and female employees respectively
- Established a flexible remote-work policy for employees
The full Corporate Sustainability Report is available at https://csr.rangeresources.com.
About Range Resources’ 2020-2021 Sustainability Report
Range’s Sustainability Report is informed by multiple best practice sustainability reporting standards and frameworks. Guidelines and recommendations by the
This release contains certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including those related to the Company’s securities offering. These statements are based on assumptions and estimates that Range’s management believes are reasonable based on currently available information; however, management’s assumptions and Range’s future performance are subject to a wide range of business risks and uncertainties, and there is no assurance that these goals and projections can or will be met. Any number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the volatility of oil and gas prices, the results of Range’s hedging transactions, the costs and results of actual drilling and operations, the timing of production, mechanical and other inherent risks associated with oil and gas production, weather, the availability of drilling equipment, changes in interest rates, litigation, uncertainties about reserve estimates, environmental risks and regulatory changes. Range undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. Further information on risks and uncertainties is available in Range’s filings with the
Range Investor Contact:
Range Media Contact:
Source: Range Resources Corporation